What Is Vegan Collagen?
Collagen is usually sourced from animal products and plays a vital role in the elasticity of skin and flexibility of joints. Our natural ability to make collagen declines as we age. This is what causes the visible signs of ageing that we know as wrinkles.
Our fruity Plant Collagen contains an amino acid profile similar to that of bovine collagen. Each serving provides an equivalent of 10g of this important protein.
The Beauty Benefits
So, aside from boosting your collagen levels from within, what are the beauty benefits of Plant Collagen? This fruity new supplement contains:
- Vitamin C – An important nutrient that supports normal collagen formation and helps protect our cells from the oxidative stress caused by sun damage and alcohol intake. 1
- Zinc – A vital mineral which helps to strengthen your hair, skin and nails. 2
- Copper – An element which plays an important role in skin pigmentation. 3
- Astrion™ – A key skincare ingredient that is clinically proven to improve hair thickness, the plumpness of skin and the production of collagen. Studies also show benefits in hyaluronic acid synthesis and general skin hydration. (4) The data below shows the results of astrion supplementation after just 28 days.
The Gut Health Benefits
Not only is Myvitamins Plant Collagen a tasty addition to your beauty routine, but it also has benefits for your digestive health. Our synbiotic pre/pro gut blend includes:
- Inulin – A high fibre prebiotic, which increases good bacteria in the gut by feeding it. 5
- Ganeden BC30 – A probiotic ingredient that has been shown to support digestive comfort and create a healthier intestinal environment. Improvements in gut health have a significant impact on immune function, brain activity and more.
So much more than a collagen powder, this delicious new supplement is a vegan-friendly way to boost the health of your hair, skin, gut and more. To find out more about our collagen supplements, take a look at our blog post:
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin and helps to protect cells from oxidative stress.
- Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails.
- Copper contributes to normal hair and skin pigmentation.
- Chicory fibre inulin contributes to normal bowel function by increasing stool frequency.